Friday, February 1, 2008

Fit in February



I've decided to set a fitness goal for myself this month. See the picture above? It's a push-up counter. You hit it with your chin on the way down. As shown, it counts up to 999 pushups. Well, that's not enough for me, because in February, I'm going to do 1,001 pushups.

I'm not talking about on-your-knees pseudo-pushups, either. I've been doing about 20 "real" pushups a day for the past several weeks. To make this goal, I need to do 34.5 pushups a day. I'm going to aim for 40 a day in case I need to take a day off. I won't do them in one long set, but probably 2 sets of 10 in the morning and in the evening. Does anyone want to join me?

3 comments:

MeloMeals said...

Go for it! I, too and getting serious about getting fit.. although I am no where NEAR your level! Maybe a year from now I'll be able to do 1000 real push ups in the month! Hey.. I'm all about that goal!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Amy! Go, you! That's an awesome goal. I still can't do pushups unless I'm on my knees, but I'm working on it! :)

Theresa said...

What a cool goal! My upper body strength is pretty much non-existent, but my february resolution is to bike much more often and to drink at least 2 litres of water every day. Three cheers for good health!